Sillars Properties takes the health and wellbeing of all its customers and employees extremely seriously and as a result of recent circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak our business is now operating a contact free working policy meaning our offices are closed for face to face contact. We will not permit customers or members of the public access internally to our offices.
As we are operating on a limited workforce at present our phone lines are now only open from 10.00am until 2.00pm Monday to Friday to allow customers to make essential calls. Our team will still be operational during our usual hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm however conducting adminstrative duties to ensure as much continuity of service as possible.
If you are a tenant with an emergency maintenance issue for example a gas escape, no heating or hot water, a roof leak or an electrical failure and no reported cuts in the local area please call 07835993815. We stress this is for emergency maintenance action only.
Our team email is email@example.com if you wish to make contact outside of our phone line opening times.
The property market has been ‘re-opened’ by the Government and Estate/Lettings Agents, Solicitors, Removals firms and other property professionals can start work again. However, we have been issued with strict guidance in connection with viewings, valuations, PPE and Covid-19 protection.
As part of this process we have issued guidance to landlords and tenants on viewings. The viewing and valuation process will need to be controlled to prevent the potential spread of the virus. We are in the process of making sure our offices are ‘altered’ to protect our staff and ensure they all have the correct PPE. Monitoring the health and well being of our staff and customers is of primary importance.
We will be offering video viewings initially and if you express an interest to have a physical viewing following the video tour the below guidlines will be followed.
COVID-19 - Viewing Guidance for Landlords
If a potential applicant wants a physical viewing, the guidelines below are to assist you in remaining within the social distancing rules.
1. You and the potential applicant will be required to complete a health questionnaire.
2. The number of viewers will be restricted to two.
3. They will be requested to wear masks and gloves.
4. They will be requested to observe the 2m distance rule at all times.
5. Please leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with tenant.
6. Avoid handshakes and other physical contact.
7. All negotiations and supplementary questions should be undertaken by phone or email after the viewing. Please do not prolong ‘face to face’ contact for longer than necessary.
PLEASE NOTE – The official guidance is that you leave the house during the viewing and allow the viewer to look around on their own. The decision to do so or not, is yours. You may decide to remain in the property and maintain the 2m distance at all times.
Please bear in mind that you are under no obligation to allow viewings. If you feel uncomfortable undertaking the viewing, please say so, and we will endeavour to make alternative arrangements. A virtual viewing may assist with this.
COVID – 19 - Viewing Guidance for Tenants
Initial viewings should be done online via video call or link to the property, if you want a physical viewing then we will use the following procedure:
We will require confirmation you are in a proceedable position by completing an offer form
Government guidance is that we should introduce protective measures on property viewings as follows
1. You, and the landlord or our agent will be required to complete a health questionnaire.
2. Only 2 viewers will be permitted, and each will be required to complete the above.
3. You will be required to wear a face mask and gloves. We ask you to supply your own.
4. You will be required to observe a 2m distancing at all times. Please avoid handshakes or any physical contact.
5. All internal doors will be left open, Please refrain from touching any surfaces.
6. Please dispose of all PPE used safely
7. Our agent will open the front door and advise when you can enter the property. They will remain outside whilst you view internally and when you leave they will lock up.
8. All negotiations and supplementary questions should be undertaken by phone or email after the viewing has taking place. Please do not prolong face-to-face contact for longer than necessary.
Please note that if more than 2 viewers arrive at the property, the landlord or Sillars Properties reserve the right to refuse access.
LINK FOR HEALTH QUESTIONAIRE - https://forms.gle/gDxA3fo7w5QYAFqa7